LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even though they mention using them on an LPS tank, I'd shy away from them. Comparing them to the old Solaris LED fixtures that DID work well, these things look like nightlights. Maybe I missed it, but they don't even tell you the length of the tubes.

I have no experience with these, but they sure don't look or sound like they'd even support mushrooms - unless, of course, you bundled like 10 of them together. But then you'd be looking at far more $$ then a good lighting setup that you *know* will work.

Okay, thank you!
I thought they looked a bit generic or cheap, but Iam trying to find an affordable way to upgrade. I will stay away from those though.

I am getting LED lights for my tank and they are crazy bright. Those lights do not look that bright. Good LEDs you should be able to grow anything but I agree with kurt nelson. They don't look that bright.

my LFS had these in atinic over their show tank. the corals fluoresed so beautifully. of course they had I think 50 of them, but it was a very large tank.

That might be a nice alternative if I dont need to get more than 4 or 5.
Does anyone know how many of those I might need for a 65 gal hexagon tank? Considering how deep it is.

Back
Top Bottom