lego ornament in my fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to put a lego aquarium ornament in my aquarium.It is made of grey,black and one clear colored piece.Will it harm my fish?

I've also seen it done. I'm considering it myself.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've had caves and all made of lego in my tanks as long as it's proper lego it's perfectly fine, if you actually go in the website it says somewhere it's made aquarium safe, they have a huge theme under water at lego land too,

You may need to weigh whatever you putting in down as lego does float

Sent from fish phone

What is safe to use as a weight?

Anything that is deemed safe for a child to put in its mouth should do your fish fine;) post some pics when you're done! If anything other than plants, rocks, dw and fish are going in a tank... Legos!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is safe to use as a weight?

I weighed mine down with some glass ice cubes, jut make sure that if you put something on top that fish won't knock it off and hurt themselves

I'll be posting pics of mine when I've finished it as it going to be a new home for my corys, the good thing about lego is that you can do whatever design you want

Sent from fish phone

Such a good idea!!! Never thought of using Leg is... I can't wait to see pics....I may try that for my kids tanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha spell check** leg is **Legos

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just a note, I have heard that if you are able to build the pieces underwater, you will have far less issues with them attempting to float to the surface because you will have far fewer trapped air bubbles.

Just a note, I have heard that if you are able to build the pieces underwater, you will have far less issues with them attempting to float to the surface because you will have far fewer trapped air bubbles.

That is a good idea!

Fishobsessed7

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom