Leleupis have spawned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dogspot

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've known that these 2 leleupis had been getting fresh with each other for about a week. They took up residence in one of the breeding caves (looks like a little pueblo). The other day I am vacuuming the gravel by their cave, and the male viciously attacks the tube, it was kind of humorous. Anyway, this morning I shined a flashlight into the cave, and there looks to be about 50 wigglers on the bottom. I have setup a spare 26 gallon in anticipation. I am going to lift out the cave with mom and babies and place in the 26 gallon, as the current tank is fairly crowded.

I've only had the leleupis for about 4 months... And they are still small, about 2.5 inches... A little suprising that they are breeding this young.

Any thoughts or advice?

Awe ^^ yay! congrats to you! (I would give some if I knew what those fish actually were....but congrats anyways! lol)

Leleupi

congrats on the spawn. I have 7 Leleupi in a 37 gal. Tang. tank along with a pair of white calvus and mixed with an electric blue jack dempsey. There are plenty of pots and anubias plants and they are just starting to move the sand around. They are only 2 inches long so yours are right on time. keep feeding them and making sure that none are missing day by day. They are excellent parents and can sometimes grow up with the young, but make sure they aren't chowing down on the babies. They sound old enough to be without the mom though. Keep up the good work. -scott

Thanks y'all. I haven't moved them out. Kinda curious how the parents will do with the other occupants in the tank. The fry are now free swimming, looks to be about 25 of them. The parents are great at keeping the other fish on the other side of the tank. The dad was and still is the ruler of the tank... He harrasses the Fronts, which are about 3 times his size. I'm most worried about the petricolas getting over there at night. I haven't noticed the numbers of fry decreasing yet. I've got the 26 gallon ready and cycled... So, will probably move out the fry any day now.

Back
Top Bottom