Lemon peel angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-portocarrero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there I just got a lemon peel angel I currently have a yellow tang plus a bi color angel in my tank and ever since Inlut him in the bi color angel and the yellow tank have been harassing him , now I read it's not good To put angels with angels should I leave there would the tang and the bi color angel kill it? And why is the tang attacking him? If is not a tang? Is it cuz of the color? That they are similar color? Or would they adapt eventually does someone have any advice please thanks

How big is the tank? I bet you the tang is territorial and the tank isnt big enough for those 3 fish so they are fighting

Well my tank is 75 gallons and all three of them are juveniles not even an inch in size,I thought tangs were not aggressive? Thanks for replying

Well my tank is 75 gallons and all three of them are juveniles not even an inch in size,I thought tangs were not aggressive? Thanks for replying
Not sure where you heard that from,,tangs are quite aggressive ...especially in a 75 gallon,,your going to end up having a lot of aggression issues with the 2 angels as well

Also dwarf angels are very agressive. Both of them will not get along. If it was me I would get rid of one of them. The tang will back off after a few days. He`s just establishing the pecking order.

I see well I guess I was wrong when I was told yellow tangs are only aggressive when they are adults, I also have a emperor angelfish no one bothers him I also have a blue hippo in there 4 percula clowns and no one bothers them so I should separate them ? I also know by experience that in some cases even fish that are not suppose to be kept together in some cases do well, it seems as if the yellow tang has backed out just the occasional chase here in there and the bi color chases him away every time he comes around not totally sure if i def need to separate i have a lot of love rock so there's lots of places to hide . unless I am told it will get worst what do u think? Thanks for replying and thanks for the advice

I would like to point out that fish of the same color tend to fight. I would advise you to return the lemon peel and get a small fish that is not yellow. Also, two pygmy angels ( lemon peel and bicolor) can be aggressive.

I see well I guess I was wrong when I was told yellow tangs are only aggressive when they are adults, I also have a emperor angelfish no one bothers him I also have a blue hippo in there 4 percula clowns and no one bothers them so I should separate them ? I also know by experience that in some cases even fish that are not suppose to be kept together in some cases do well, it seems as if the yellow tang has backed out just the occasional chase here in there and the bi color chases him away every time he comes around not totally sure if i def need to separate i have a lot of love rock so there's lots of places to hide . unless I am told it will get worst what do u think? Thanks for replying and thanks for the advice
These fish are all housed in your 75 along with the yellow tang and dwarf angels?
Don't want to sound rude but this is not an ideal set up for any of those fish

FTMMWS said:
These fish are all housed in your 75 along with the yellow tang and dwarf angels?
Don't want to sound rude but this is not an ideal set up for any of those fish

Yeah i strongly agree, expect way more problems and i would consider your current issue minor compared to the headache and money loss your looking at in the future.

I also agree with the others above. That tank is obscenely overstocked. :-(((

There will be more issues as the fish get larger so now is the time to fix it. While I wouldn't personally put a yellow tang in a 75g some people do so you might be ok with the yellow and one dwarf angel. Two angels will fight it out, especially in a tank that size. The blue tang and emperor just don't belong in that tank period in my opinion.

You've got some thinking and planning to do so good luck!!!

Thanks for ur replies but I don't get the part where they don't belong there what do u mean? Who am I am suppose to house those two with? Thanks

Mike-portocarrero said:
Thanks for ur replies but I don't get the part where they don't belong there what do u mean? Who am I am suppose to house those two with? Thanks

Tangs require a 6 foot tank meaning 125g or more, the angels require even larger and only one species will coexist in the tank. They will fight it out.

The fact that you have many of these large fish in such an undersized tank is what we are referring to. It will only cause an incredible amount of more problem ahead and likely end in a few deaths if not many.

Back
Top Bottom