Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats kinda what I thought too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have seen the weird arching seemingly for no apparent reason while not grooming. Have seen other arching and grooming occur at the same time. More like a cat grooming itself.

The weird arching is almost like a jerking motion.

I have seen the weird arching seemingly for no apparent reason while not grooming. Have seen other arching and grooming occur at the same time. More like a cat grooming itself.

The weird arching is almost like a jerking motion.

I've seen cats do that. Arch their back and walk on their toes. For no apparent reason.
I may have posted this on my shrimp tank build but I feel obliged to do so after such a silly comment:
rYuVpwP.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The problem is that they will cross breed. I don't have too many shrimps in there, so the process wouldn't be very hard.

Anyways, I'm just going to leave these 2 pictures here. From the 65g community tank. There are about 100 mixed tetras in there and 2 ram cichlids, 3 angles, 2 gouramis, 10 cory doras and 15 otos in the tank.

Shrimp population is about 5, because I have been moving them to the shrimp tank and figured I would just leave the remaining here...

Anyways, the 2 brave guys coming out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428628787.435674.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428628804.347684.jpg

I should do some culling in my yellow. I am seeing some with less color. But just thinking about it is exhausting. I also don't know what I am going to do with them- I might just get a bowl going for culls until I can get a 10g and use dividers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are also some people (like me) who would be happy to take less-than-perfect shrimp from people who don't want them.

I should do some culling in my yellow. I am seeing some with less color. But just thinking about it is exhausting. I also don't know what I am going to do with them- I might just get a bowl going for culls until I can get a 10g and use dividers

I have much better luck catching shrimp than Endlers fry but it's still quite a job, especially with plants.

There are also some people (like me) who would be happy to take less-than-perfect shrimp from people who don't want them.

Mine go into a spare 10g I bought for extra plants. Once I have a good sized group and the weather is consistently warmer here I'll start selling.
Now you can see the mix of shrimps! Some are still hiding..

Nice pic (y)

Lol if you have open space, it's not hard to catch shrimps. But be patient.
I did it for a week in the 65g and there are still shrimps in there, so I gave up on what's left. Lol

I currently have about 100-150 and I have had a stable colony for about 2 years now :) I use straight tap water which has a ph of about 7.5, also if you are interested I have some for sale in the classifieds :)

Back
Top Bottom