Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of shrimp are those? From what I can see those look Like Cardinal shrimp from the white "gloves". That seems like a mighty good find/deal.

They are cardinal shrimp and yes indeed it was a mighty fine deal...a bag of floating plants for a tank with cardinal and rabbit snails I I didn't have to pay a single dollar for any of it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are cardinal shrimp and yes indeed it was a mighty fine deal...a bag of floating plants for a tank with cardinal and rabbit snails I I didn't have to pay a single dollar for any of it

Early Chrismas present!!! Fabulous, hands down best deal! Tank good care of them! A local in our area raises them, but I have such soft water I am not sure I am willing try keeping them in case I can't keep the pH up high enough.

Anyway AWESOME tank and shrimp and rabbit snails are pretty cool too!

Early Chrismas present!!! Fabulous, hands down best deal! Tank good care of them! A local in our area raises them, but I have such soft water I am not sure I am willing try keeping them in case I can't keep the pH up high enough.

Anyway AWESOME tank and shrimp and rabbit snails are pretty cool too!

Haha, luckily where I live the water is perfect for them...which is bad for me since I tend to keep a large amount of fish that prefer soft water, but luckily I don't even have to do anything for these little guys now only time will tell if they will breed for me or not

Mine have started breeding. It must jave happened one already and I didn't notice. I have some really small ones around the tank maybe a few weeks old. Just noticed yesterday I have a female carrying too : )

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1417549981722.jpg
    1417549981722.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 1417550001646.jpg
    1417550001646.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 1417550013657.jpg
    1417550013657.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 1417550033691.jpg
    1417550033691.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 107
Mine have started breeding. It must jave happened one already and I didn't notice. I have some really small ones around the tank maybe a few weeks old. Just noticed yesterday I have a female carrying too : )

That is awesome I can't wait until mine start breeding I already have one little tiny baby that must have been born a couple weeks before I got the tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That is awesome I can't wait until mine start breeding I already have one little tiny baby that must have been born a couple weeks before I got the tank

You are the luckiest person on how you got those.. I still can't believe someone would just hand over shrimp that sell at $15+ a piece.

I couldn't either especially since I only gave him a quart sized bag full of frogbit for free, and I only wanted some snails and he just offered to give me the whole tank...but I mostly think he did it because he was leaving the country the next day and was also in the progress of moving houses, but whatever the the reason I was more than happy to have the whole setup for free.

One of my favorite shots.

Was taken years ago. Now trying to get my feet wet again.

2aaatls.jpg

I just started with RCS a few months ago, very addictive!

Attachments

• Dec 07 2014 plant.jpg
    Dec 07 2014 plant.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Jan 01 2015 shrimplet.jpg
    Jan 01 2015 shrimplet.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 71
Always a challenge to get good pics of them

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420317269.732335.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420317300.769472.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420317348.029849.jpg

Can't wait to get some crystal red shrimp in the spring.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420567798.879860.jpg
My bamboo shrimp.

I have yet to really get a good pic of my RCS as they are still juvenile

Back
Top Bottom