Light for 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey I was wondering what everyone thought about a light for a planted 40b tank that would give a medium light level.

I was looking for something like an LED but a t5ho wouldn't be out of the question although I am worried about proper coverage over the tank.

So what do you guys think?

A good T5HO 2 bulb fixture will grow pretty much of anything in a 40B since it's not deep. Hopefully Brian will chime in on LED's. The LED's I use from Build My LED are really strong and would be overkill on a shallow tank.

Hey I was wondering what everyone thought about a light for a planted 40b tank that would give a medium light level.

I was looking for something like an LED but a t5ho wouldn't be out of the question although I am worried about proper coverage over the tank.

We're you planning on low, medium or high light?

The 36" finnex fugeray would give you medium light giving you 47 par at 18 inches and 38 par in the front and back of your aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom