light schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i just bought a TEK elite 6 bulb t5 system. and it gives me 2 options to run 4 bulbs which are my 10,000k bulbs (not sure i bought the light used so the bulbs are already in) and then the other switch controls 2 actinic blue lights this was the schedule i was thinking

4 bulbs- come on at 1 pm and shut off at 7 pm
Actinics- come on at 12 pm shut off at 8 pm

you guys think this is to much or to little of lighting? i have pretty much only LPS in the tank except one tree coral

Sounds good to me... I got my on for 9 hrs, then my moon lights come on. Mine is the 8 bulb T5's... You should be fine...

yea i just transfered my 45 into a new 75 gallon tank and its starting to get some bubble algae so i figured i would reduce the lighting a little bit.

Jarrett said:
yea i just transfered my 45 into a new 75 gallon tank and its starting to get some bubble algae so i figured i would reduce the lighting a little bit.

Get some emerald crabs...

yea already bought one should of bought more but i added alot of snails and hermits didnt want to over do it i am gonna go back this week to get more

Jarrett said:
yea already bought one should of bought more but i added alot of snails and hermits didnt want to over do it i am gonna go back this week to get more

Also, may wanna remove them urself. There are several threads u can search to find out how.

yea i read when they get big to scrape em off but mine are really tiny do you think it could be cause i just moved my 45 to a 75 two days ago becasue i never had this in my 45 gallon tank and that was 8 months old

Jarrett said:
yea i read when they get big to scrape em off but mine are really tiny do you think it could be cause i just moved my 45 to a 75 two days ago becasue i never had this in my 45 gallon tank and that was 8 months old

Something made them... Maybe the new nitrates as u moved everything fed them.

Back
Top Bottom