Light size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I am going to purchase a finnex 24/7 light for my 29 gallon planted tank! My glass top fits a 20g long so would I need a 30 inch one? I just wanted to make sure! I'm not sure how it fits! And will it work with my glass top on? And where is the cheapest place to get the light?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got mine from Amazon.

The little "clips" or feet on the fixture can adjust a few inches as some tanks are custom made. So if your tank is 30 inches long then the 30 inch is fine.

though you may hit issues clipping it on with your hood...

Caleb

I've been checking out the finnext fixtures for a while.

Caleb, you are saying that a 30" fixture will adjust an inch or so?

If so, this is great because my 20g is just shy of 31"!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I have some of the 24/7 predecessors (FugeRay, Planted+) and I did not like how the mounting legs did not sit completely flush with the tank's rim. The inner ledge of the rim prevented this from happening. Also, it seemed like thumbscrews on the clamp portion of the mounting leg were making contact with only the very upper edge of the rim. It did not feel secure. On top of that, with the glass canopy in place, the aforementioned mounting legs would not even clamp on at all.
So I built some rails out of PVC and mounted them onto the tank's rim. The rails provided more area for the mounting legs to clamp onto. You can see a pict of them in post #12 on the following thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324890
There seems to be some problem with images hosted on the Imgur servers. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.
Also, not saying that the current setup won't work. I believe the mounting legs on the 24/7 are more adjustable than earlier models.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom