light upgrade or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppylove85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking at upgrading light fixture / lights. I want to us less electricity/ wattage. I have converted every fixture in our home with leds so naturally i have been debating on the tank I have running now. I do have plans for a new tank that will have led fixture but that is in the planning stage.

I am looking for suggestions, I don't think led will work well with what i have now as it is low light low tech. i am around the time to change bulbs out.

20 long
ehim classic filter
Florescent fixture
the bulb i use is pennplax FL 20 Aquaria Lux

plants are

moss balls
java ferns
cryptocoryne wendtii a ton of these buggers
red type of crypt... the name eludes me currently
Najas guppy grass

I only turn on the lights every other day for 4-5 hours as this tank gets natural sun light in the morning. I dose excel about every 2-3 weeks.

I have 11 glow light tetra a pair of swords and some guppy fry.

I hate to ruin a good thing but I would like to change fixtures out, with minimal plant/ algae issues.
if I upgrade to leds what would you suggest and would that mean even less light run time
thoughts?

what fixtures do you light for low light?

Thanks
Chris

I'd recommend a current satellite LED for low light in a 20L. Fairly cheap too around 40$ online I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd recommend a current satellite LED for low light in a 20L. Fairly cheap too around 40$ online I believe.

That could work.

I run a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 light dimmed at 50% for my low light tank. It's just a little more expensive, but reasonable.

Thanks i will look in to it.
I like the idea of the finnex that its really programable. I am open to other ideas.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom