Lighting and filter for 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
I would like suggestions if I were to get a 55 gallon tank and plant it what lighting and filtration would be recemended preferably as in expensive as possible. Thank You.

Hey! Depends on what light requirements the plants you'd like go grow need! The substrate you use is also very important in determining lighting systems as Well!

Hey! Depends on what light requirements the plants you'd like go grow need! The substrate you use is also very important in determining lighting systems as Well!
Sand will be the substrate and preferably plants that won't need co2 injections for now.

55 G Lights & Filtration

I would like suggestions if I were to get a 55 gallon tank and plant it what lighting and filtration would be recemended preferably as in expensive as possible. Thank You.

Hello joe...

Four bulb light fixture and four 32 watt T8 bulbs from the local hardware store is $60.00 and you can hang the fixture above the tank. A dual sponge filter from Biochem is $10.00 shipped. Just change half the tank water every week and you'll have a healthy and balanced tank.

B

Hello joe...

Four bulb light fixture and four 32 watt T8 bulbs from the local hardware store is $60.00 and you can hang the fixture above the tank. A dual sponge filter from Biochem is $10.00 shipped. Just change half the tank water every week and you'll have a healthy and balanced tank.

B
Thanks for the information I will look into it.

Back
Top Bottom