Lighting for 125 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishrover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. We just bought a 125 gallon tank and are looking for a way to light it up. It is 72”x 18 1/2 “. It’s a fresh water, no coral but would like to grow plants. Not sure what kind of fish we are going to put in it right now. The lights that come with it are far from adequate so just want to upgrade them. Want something that won’t leave shadows in area’s. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Beamswork EA full spectrum on my 125. 72" . It's medium brightness, fits the full length very well, and is an actual 72" long. I have the 48: Beamswork DA full spectrum on a 100 gallon, 4' tank. It's much brighter, almost too much so, imo, def no shadows or dead spots. I have a Finnex 48" that is a true 48 on a 90 gallon 4' tank, it's lumen power is almost perfect on that aquarium. But, big difference in the cost. I'm also not crazy about the remote. Works OK.

I have on other tanks; fluval, 2 marineland, 2 aqueon, 1 top fin, and 5 Nicrew. They all work in the range of good to OK, with lumens, features, full spec, fit, etc. The Beamswork and finnex are by far my favorites

Oh, and I have a Beamswork EA full spec on a 65 gallon that's a true 36" long, and while I still love the color values in the full spec, that tank is a little over 24" tall and the light doesn't look as bright on that one as the 21" tall 125. Same model

Back
Top Bottom