lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o.jonathan.o

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wondering if I can use regular house lights for my aquarium like the 75 Watt ones

You can, light is light. The only thing to consider is the heat it generates. It could raise the temp in the tank 2-3degrees C over the day. If you have any live plants then you would want to consider lights that gives off the right color temp.

Ah okay. I just want a bright tank. I made a metal top so it wont melt and I have a fan to keep it cooled off somewhat. Do you think 75w is too much. I only have one plant in the center. Here is a pic. Left is the 25w bulb and right is the 75w bulb

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110809_220825.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110809_220825.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 62
That looks nice. Just keep an eye on the temp of the water. If it doesn't creep up to much your good to go IMO.

Just a question, probably a super dumb one but, can a fish get sunburn from bright light

Considering that SW tanks have 250watt metal halide lights, I think you will be just fine with whatever 75w light you are using

Yeah, never feel dumb asking a question. Smart people ask questions. Dumb people think they already know.

Back
Top Bottom