Lighting Suggestions for Low Tech 20 gallon long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missriss126

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I have a 20 gallon long that I am looking to upgrade the lighting on. Right now I have an Aqueon good with a 17w full spectrum T8 light. Now that my tank is cycled and mostly stocked I am looking to add more plants and upgrade my lighting.

Plant wise, I currently have some anubias, Java fern, and anachris. I am going to be getting a glass canopy so I can set the light fixture directly on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking to eventually inject CO2 as well or just looking to go low tech? A dual T5ho light would grow about anything on the tank, but you could run into problems without CO2 injection on a tank that size.

30in 2Bulbs fixtures

Something like that would work very well.

I think if you are willing to use glutaraldehyde (excel or equivalent... not liquid carbon ;) ) then a dual T5ho would be appropriate and provide you with a ton of options... it would be a dramatic difference from your single T8 fixture.

I think if you are willing to use glutaraldehyde (excel or equivalent... not liquid carbon ;) ) then a dual T5ho would be appropriate and provide you with a ton of options... it would be a dramatic difference from your single T8 fixture.

Thanks! I am still learning all the lingo lol
I work at a pet store and would have easy access to many units, but some of the favorites among the staff seem to be the deep blue solarmax HO 230. It's a dual t5ho with moonlight LEDs.

I get everything in the store at cost... So whatever we are able to purchase it from our distributors ;) it definitely saves a lot of money for me! (Besides my two tanks, I breed reptiles and have a cat and a 4.5 month old corgi puppy).

Back
Top Bottom