Lighting suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dallascowboys16

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a 55 gallon tank for Christmas with two 24 inch single light fixtures. I would like some ideas on good lighting options and if the two single fixtures are good enough. Merry Christmas!!!!!

Lighting for a 55 G

I just got a 55 gallon tank for Christmas with two 24 inch single light fixtures. I would like some ideas on good lighting options and if the two single fixtures are good enough. Merry Christmas!!!!!

Hello Dal...

The lighting that comes with the tank is good for looking into the tank, but not much else. The two, 24 inch fixtures aren't the best. You can do better. Before you change anything, research the plants you want. Know the kind of light they need and provide it.

I keep low to moderate light plants and use a 48 inch, two bulb fixture from Solarmax. Not too pricey and good quality. The combination of T5 bulbs and LED lights seems to work well.

B

If you're wanting good medium light plants and want to save some money you can get the aqueon dual t5 from petsmart/petco for $60, that's what I have and it works great

Back
Top Bottom