Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craigj247

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys I have actinic blue and white lights LEDs

My question is do I need to have my blues and whites on during the day or just the whites?

I am a bit confused as I see videos with both blue and whites as well as videos with just the white lights. Is there a corrects way?

I'm fairly new to saltwater. I have a BC29 and I upgraded the lights to LED's. I run the whites,blue, and royal blue all day just different percentages. My light allows me to dim certain lights so I make one brighter then the other.

In short I think it's preference. You'll probably like it with both white and actinic on. I even have them for my Cichlid tank. I have 2 daylight bulbs, 2 purple plus and one blue plus. It really makes the colors pop!

Yeah it does look much better with both lights on but can having both on do any harm to the Eco system? I don't have dimmers so it is just on or off for me :)

They can't harm your stock unless you had an old light and switched it out for the new ones. Most people that do that buy the dimmable ones so that they can start with low percentages and acclimate their corals to their new lights. Slowly. The blue/white ratio is a total personal preference. Whatever makes you happy.

Excellent the blue and whites def make me happy how can they not... Thanks a lot for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom