Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397106517.058414.jpg I found my lamp! The bulb is a OSRAM ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397106633.288027.jpg this is what it looks like, it says it's 120V and 35W is this good?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397107227.009837.jpg okay I raised the lamp because it started to get really hot, is this good?

Halogen is not cfl. Lol
I doubt it would perform as good but I wouldn't know because i haven't used halogen for a planted tank.

Haha yes I know! But I am asking to see if it's okay instead of having to buy another when this one would work, but I just don't know if it will that's why I am asking haha

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397108900.211694.jpg what about this bulb? It says it is 13W 120VAC 60Hz and 210mA

Sk3lly it says it is a cfl I looked it up, but I don't know if it's good? Like do I need to have it far away from the tank? Will I be able to grow dwarf hairgrass? And it says it's 13W

Sk3lly it says it is a cfl I looked it up, but I don't know if it's good? Like do I need to have it far away from the tank? Will I be able to grow dwarf hairgrass? And it says it's 13W

Like i said ive never used the bulbs your using so have no idea. Most peoples knowledge comes from experience and research.

Have you done a simple google search on cfl use in the aquarium??

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397111727.874191.jpg I will leave this light on tomorrow and see how it does, I heard that cfl lights are good, so I will try it

I got all of that in petsmart, it's more than what I have see people gotten in the potted version and it was only $8.99 and yes it is eleocharis parvula

Yeah I thought so, got the same from Petsmart. It's a great deal. Just be aware and don't get discouraged if you start to see it turn yellow and melt a bit. It will even stall in growth before it starts to spread. Reason being is that it is grown emersed. It takes a while for it to acclimate and transition to growing submersed. CO2 would help the transition more, but your CO2 booster should work to a lesser degree in place of CO2. Once it gets used to your tank conditions, also assuming everything else is good in terms of ferts and lighting, you should see it rebound and become nice and green again. So don't forget your well rounded fert regimen. Good luck!

Yea I use the API leaf zone, co2 booster and root tabs(for amazon swords) and a cfl bulb it's like 19W and it's a 3gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom