Limestone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone forsee any problems? I can get small flat limestone rocks from any park in town. I'm in the fox river valley and everything around us is made of natural limestone, even our house. The tap water is so hard it might as well be limestone. Since my fish are used to being in area tap water, would it be harmful to use limestone as a substrate? I will of course clean it well. They are all goldfish btw.

I'll make sure to monitor the ph. I'm going to set it up without fish first anyway, then add my current filter and fish. I want to make it look like a natural river scene.

Limestone is notorious for sending KH values off the chart alkalinity wise. This in turn naturally brings the PH up. I would be very careful with the use of limestone.

What fish are you keeping in 8.8 - 9.2 PH?

What fish are you keeping in 8.8 - 9.2 PH?

This is the most important question in whether this will affect the tank adversily or not

Oh, this thread is still living. Didn't see that. So far so good, the ph has been pretty stable so far, its about as 8.4ish. I should test the river one day, just for fun.

Back
Top Bottom