Limits before co2 injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was wondering if there is a limit to how many plants I can add before needing co2 in my fancy goldfish tank it is a 55 gal with one black moor one common goldfish and two murray river rainbow fish. I plan to use low light hardy plants like anubias and anachris (not sure if thats right) and some type of plant that grows in a carpet. I greatly appreciate any help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's your lighting? That will really determine whether or not you need co2.. also.. I'm not really in the know per say with goldfish.. don't they trash plants?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They can but ive heard good things about the anubias. They can take a beating. My lighting is a regular flourecent bulb and an led hood from walmart nothing fancy.

Cool, stick with anubias and java fern, anarchis is a great fats growing floater, the goldies may eat it, it grows crazy fast though so it shouldn't matter.. you will not need to take any extra steps with these plants either.. the fish poo will provide them with plenty of plant food.. great thing about anarchis..it's a nitrate sponge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And I wont need to add any special equipment or anything?

Back
Top Bottom