Little heard of Clean up Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So we all know the drill. hermits and snails. ho hum. LOL I was looking through reefcleaners inventory and saw some interesting clean up crew members.

First off, Limpets. Anyone have or had any of these? Are they neat or boring? I love having small critters in my tank and this guy seems different. Second creature i am pondering is the fuzzy chiton. Looks like a pretty effective algae eater and is also not seem everyday.

is there a reason why you dont see these guys more often or are they an undiscovered gem?

Here are the links just in case you haven't heard of them

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Fuzzy Chiton*

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Limpets*

Looking for any and all input on these guys. I plan on placing an order within a week or so and might include some of them. :-D

They are not going to help with "cleaning" anything. If you want them for diversity, that's fine. I usually get them for free with my rock. I'm sure you'll have some limpets show up eventually.

Great link, just bookmarked it! Thanks!

I just wanted to get some new creatures, not necessarily to eat anything in particular. Just a bonus if they do. :-D

They are reef safe according to reefcleaners so I would guess it would be ok to get a few?
Have any of you guys had these critters before?

I have both that came with some LR. I don't tend to see the chitons at all. The limpets do move around and about. Maybe the chitons just look ugly to me.

Back
Top Bottom