Live Rock Purchases

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Langemc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When starting a new tank is it ok to buy say half of the recommended live rock to start and add as you go, or is it best just to add it all at once???

also i went to my LFS today and was asking questions to prepare for my new set up which i plan to be a 75 gal reef ready tank but i will just start it as FOWLR till i can learn the ropes better.

one of the guys at the store although very helpful said he dosnt recommend LR for my set up because if i need to treat a fish i can kiss my LR goodbye.

is this true and if so will i just need to set up a qt to prevent this from happening, and how would i go about setting up a QT or better yet what is involved in one. I know LR is recommended and everything i have read has steered me in the direction of the live rock i just want to make sure it's done right

Thanks for any help in advance

one of the guys at the store although very helpful said he dosnt recommend LR for my set up because if i need to treat a fish i can kiss my LR goodbye.
Qt the fish for 4 weeks in a separate tank before adding them to your main will solve this problem and save you many headaches down the road.
When starting a new tank is it ok to buy say half of the recommended live rock to start and add as you go, or is it best just to add it all at once???
You can start with 1/2 and add more later. Even cheaper is get you 1/2 a load of LR and the rest base rock. The LR already in your system will seed the base rock eventually and save you tons of $$

Back
Top Bottom