livefishguys fish room thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
30g is too small for boesemanis IMO...crazy swimmers which appreciate space!
If you want to do cories with discus, I usually hear people recommend sterbai since they tolerate higher temps.
Can't wait to see how this all pans out!

im excited to see how water is distributed, since i will be taking out 50% of the water in each tank and replacing it with tap water i will be putting 50 gallons of water in the 90,40 long, 46 bow, and the 29 gallon, to give a boost on cycling,

substrate, what is the best, every tank i can i plant, and having over 10 tanks i cant pay a lot for substrate what is the best? pool filter sand? organic miracle grow? clay? a mix?

Pool filter sand from hardware/ home improvement store. Menards $7.99 for 50lbs.

I would get a 55g for boesmani rainbows also. That's how I keep mine for now. Would like a 75g for them in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

so what about lighting? i was going to get a few 48 inch t5 shop lights for the tanks, what do you think? and what about on the 90 gallon geting a 2 bulb 48 inch florecent t5, with a couple spotlights. or would a 4 bulb t5 system be better?

so what about lighting? i was going to get a few 48 inch t5 shop lights for the tanks, what do you think? and what about on the 90 gallon geting a 2 bulb 48 inch florecent t5, with a couple spotlights. or would a 4 bulb t5 system be better?

Hey, been following, looking forward to the progress of your build. Do you have existing t8 fixtures? If so, you may be able to get some led replacements for the existing fixture. Just my $0.02; I'm kinda into the whole sustainability thing :)

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i moved the tanks today, man it was alot of work moving 100 gallons down 2 stories of stairs. but i got the tanks got all them set up, i am going to the lfs today

Attachments

• IMG_9302.jpg
    IMG_9302.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9303.jpg
    IMG_9303.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 99
i moved the tanks today, man it was alot of work moving 100 gallons down 2 stories of stairs. but i got the tanks got all them set up, i am going to the lfs today

Nice!!(y)
Another fishroom I don't have to change water in!
This place rocks!!!!
Gotta folla....:whistle:

i got 40 feeder goldfish to cycle my tank. if i have a tank full of water can i still put organic miracle grow in it

no 20 in the 90 and 20 in the 40 long, i talked with the guy at the lfs about power heads i may not do the one with pvc pipe but do one with a vortex

That's still a ton of fish man. 1-2 could easily cycle a tank. You are going to have insane ammonia from that many.

Caleb

That's still a ton of fish man. 1-2 could easily cycle a tank. You are going to have insane ammonia from that many.

Caleb

:facepalm:^+1^:facepalm:
Not to mention the very real possibility of introducing a disease to your brand new system.
This is not proper fish in cycling IMO .:whistle:

it worked for me the first time, but i think i will lose like 15 per tank in the first week, they are only an inch each. i hoked up my marineland penqin 200 on the short side of the tank and it creates the perfect flow,from left to right along the top and from right to left on the bottom of the tank i will get another 200 to 400 gph power head

i got 40 feeder goldfish to cycle my tank. if i have a tank full of water can i still put organic miracle grow in it

I guess it's too late to suggest a fishless cycle. No need to kill a third of them in the process. With proper water changes during cycling they should not die.
Are you asking about adding soil to a filled tank? No. Empty the tank, add soil, top it off with sand or gravel, add water carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

well if the tank was smaller i would empty it but the tank is 90 gallons so i will do a substrait that is 1/16 inch, that is what the lfs recomended.

in the 30 gallon i got eggs, they are in batches of about 15-25 and there are like 7 batches i n=know of, i put a couple in a breeding net that were on a plant, they are on the anubis, tank walls, and the filter, they are white and apear to have a clear coating on them, i have a male and female angel, 2 albino corries, 2 stebali cories, 2 bowsman rainbows, and 4 bn plecos. what do you think.
i had 4 groups laid yesterday, then overnight 5-7 more groups.

here are the ones laid on the fist day

Attachments

• IMG_9335.jpg
    IMG_9335.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9339.jpg
    IMG_9339.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9342.jpg
    IMG_9342.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9346.jpg
    IMG_9346.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 66
Thinking those are cory eggs IMO..
Rainbows scatter eggs I believe and angels would consolidate them.
BN would use a cave if possible.
Cories are known to stick eggs all over the place.....

here are the eggs laid overnight. no one is guarding the eggs so no hints there.

Attachments

• IMG_9357.jpg
    IMG_9357.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9352.jpg
    IMG_9352.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9351.jpg
    IMG_9351.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9350.jpg
    IMG_9350.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 59
actually the corries have been really acting strange differently especially the stebali they were swimming all over and following eachother

Back
Top Bottom