livefishguys fish room thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leave the male in with them and leave them alone. He will let them out of the cave when he thinks they are ready

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No. Do nothing with the fish. Nows the time to feed veggies like French cut green beans no salt added. Also add some frozen brine shrimp for dad and put near cave opening. They live off the egg sack at first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

will they ever need special food? live foods? or just veggies? i know they live off the sac but i need to be prepared for later, i have loaches, cories, angel fish, rainbows, sae, mollies, and a female betta

As adults they need some protein like brine shrimp and blood worms. But as fry and juvies they need lots of vegetables and algae wafers. There's another thread somewhere listing all the vegetables they like.

What type or fry? I don't breed a ton of fish but my understanding is you don't need to feed while they still have an egg sack

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ok i will get some veggies cucumber? what about lettuce? thank you for your help, relay want these to live, i will be my first successful egg laying success.

Cukes, zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato, green beans canned no salt added, iceberg lettuce doesn't have nutritional value but other dark green leaf lettuces do. Just blanch or microwave the zucchini, yellow and sweet potato.
Remove seeds from those veggies.
My rainbows ate my first batch of fry so be warned. I lifted the while tube out and out it in another tank for second batch when I noticed the male let them out to roam.

i got a great idea i will just but the breeder net over the submarine without moving it. i will see how it works if dad wants out i will think of something new, i will get a veggie tomorrow, what for you is the best i know you breed a lot of plecos, what 1 or 2 should i use?

The canned green beans are the most popular in my tanks. Even the guppies eat them.

I really don't remember. I just leave mine alone until I see them free swimming outside the tube

well i will be moving the babies, i am going on vacation and it will be to much for my fishsitter so i will move them, but on a sadder note, rember the rivilus xfidilus i posted earlier, well i had a heater break and heated the tank to over 100 degrees and killed them, it is really upsetting and i will be demanding that they pay for a replacement pair, but now i don't have to worry about my fish sitter taking care of them. i fell bad for her sometimes with my 11 tanks and my 4 chicken coops and my 2 cats, all she has is 3 chickens, ill be sure to get her something special for helping me out

i am going to release the babies into some of the tanks, i lost a bunch today and they haven't been eating any food, they didn't eat the algae wafer eather

sorry its been a while. but i went on vacation, and for Christmas i got an electric gravel vacuum. i needed it for my 5 tanks that are basically on the floor, sadly my 2 killis died when the heater malfunctioned and cooked the fish, but ween i was in southern California i got in contact with a killi breeder and brought home 2 pairs of Aphyosemion australe "orange", a beautiful orange killi.
on a happier note i will be stocking my 40 long soon, i will get 7 more loaches, to make a school of 10, but i have to decide what other fish i want to put in is as a mid/ top fish.

any suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom