Livestock suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcmcoker

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I am a new aquarist and am look for suggestions for livestock additions. I am beginning to learn that a lot of my dream fish will not be suitable for my 36 gal. Bowfront. I currently have a yellow tail damsil, a yellow belly damsil, and a porcupine puffer that I have now learned I will have to get rid of due to my misinformation. I had dreams of getting blue tangs, a cow fish and clown trigger but now have learned that due to tank size and I incompatibility that can't happen so I'm looking for suggestions for fish that would be compatible with my tank that would still be eye pleasers. For now my tank is only a fowlr but come Christmas time I plan on getting a 4 bulb t5 setup and slowly adding coral.

Clowns are definitely on the horizon, considering my 5 year olds favorite movie is finding nemo

Also, consider reef safe wrasses, inverts, watchman gobies, firefish, and defiantly clowns. They are the most famous fish of our hobby.

Don't get the following
Puffers
Triggers
Tangs ( I know, but they get too big for your size tank )
Eels
And any other fish meant to be in a FOWLR

If you have any qs than give me a PM

Also, I hate to bust your chops, but getting damsels was a mistake. They may seen fine now, but they become devils in their adulthood. They bully lots of fish, let alone corals. However, every fish is different . So I would see how they grow up and then make a choice on them

Yes I'm seeing that with them, I will be taking them back to my lfs soon, the lfs just suggested them as starter fish that I could keep in the tank during the nitrogen cycle to help speed up the process. They are aggressive towards each other but appear to leave my puffer alone. Yes I know I will have to get rid of him eventually too

Grammas or dotty backs can be a great addition. A dwarf angel like a coral beauty is also good. Damsels can be bullies so be careful..,

Back
Top Bottom