Livingstonni attacking my new venustus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave9365

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a livingstonni (unsure of sex) he/she is about 3' long. Today I got a male Venustus who is only about 4cm long. I introduced the Venustus along with 9 other Malawi's so it's not because I introduced one fish at a time before anyone jumps to any conclusions. Is it just attacking him because a) he's bigger b) he looks similar so could be a threat for food c) my livingstonni could be a male and it's about territory

I was under the illusion that Venustus are more aggressive than livingstonni?

The aggression is most likely due to the fact that the livingstoni is older and has established a territory

Yer that's what I thought. So when I do a water change this weekend and change the hard scape around they can all find new territories and problem solved :) (hopefully)

Yer that's what I thought. So when I do a water change this weekend and change the hard scape around they can all find new territories and problem solved :) (hopefully)

Might work and it might be because they look so similar you will know after you rearrange everything. Peacocks and haps don't seem to like other males of their own kind or those who even look similar to their own kind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom