Loach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there a peacefull not to big loach? Something cool looking for 40g, w/ Cory's and pictus cat

Kuhli loaches and Botia sidthimunki which only get a couple of inches and are really cool little loaches if you can find them.

I have seen both. Didn't know if they would be ok w/ Cory's and other bottom catfish.... Don't them to get eaten...

How big does a pictus cat get and I'm assuming it will eat fish that can fit in it's mouth?

Kuhli loaches are fine with Cory cats. The pictus will eat or try and eat anything it can fit in it's mouth.

I know the Botia sidthimunki are fine with cory's also. I used to have 6 quite awhile ago and they were with 6 cory's. Heck were it me, I'd rehome the pictus cat and get the loaches since they are so much more active and interesting IMO.

I have a Burnese loach I love. Had yoyos and they're a good choice too. Burmese loach is less than 2.5 inches. Had it for about 2 years. So much personality.

Yes pictus will try to eat anything it can in its mouth. 6" they can get. 'Spike' is about 4" now

I'm having trouble parting with my Pictus Spike. She is sooooo beautiful (and really hard to catch)
She has very long whiskers !!!!!! And doesn't bother anyone, that I can tell, so rehoming for no reason is hard to do!!! I got Spike when she was an 1" and now about 6".

my advice - don't give up your favourite fish. use that as your centre piece fish and build your tank around it.

if you are afraid that the corys will be eaten by the pictus you could replace them with a few polkadot loaches (Botia kubotai). they grow big enough that they won't be eaten by the pictus and still a nice size for your 40gal. polkadot loaches and corys can go together, no issue there.

38871-albums1731-picture33337.jpg

Got a good look at Spike this morning - 6". Holy Cow she has gotten big - and big mouth

Well the pictus is getting a new home. ;( (tears) but it is for the best for her. She went after a Cory.... No No No !!! She is 6" now and becoming territorial - I hate to part with her. Now the challenge of catching her !! o_O

I caught Spike and she is in a bucket for now waiting to go to her new home !!! I wish a happy life for her. She is a beautiful girl

Attachments

• image-102463283.jpg
    image-102463283.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom