Loaches and goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishtankfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
All I had in my ten gallon tank was a clown loach and i decided to put my goldfish in there with him. Well, they seem to be hanging around each other and they keep rubbing and bumping each other and i'm not sure if it's good or bad. neither seem to try to escape and i would say the loach puts more effort into being near the goldfish. is this a bad combination? i really like my goldfish and don't want anything to happen to him. What do you guys think?

:wink: your goldfish is fine!

If all you had in your ten was one loach, the poor guy was lonley!

in my 90 gallon, my very large tinfoil barb, and nearly as large gold fish, are in love it seems, as they follow each other every where, and rub on each other.

It seems fish rub each other as a sign of pairing, or if you want to call it affection,

theres nothing to worry about, maybe add a few more fish! (small of course)

The only issue here is that the loach and the goldie do best in different temps. I think you will see long-term health issues keeping a goldie at tropical temps, and the same is true for the loach if you lower the temp for the goldie. The loach is definitely going to outgrow the 10, though it may take a while, but these fellas do get large. Just some food for thought.

Now my goldfish is lying on the bottom. He doesnt do it all the time. Most of the time he swims around normally but every once in a while he just lays on the bottom. whats wrong with him?

Back
Top Bottom