Location of your fish tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anythingscales

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I was curious how you fellow fish keepers keep your fish tank setups. Do you place them in a living room or hallway so guests could see your setups or near faucets for easy cleaning? How many keep your fish tank in your bedroom near your bed? Or even the garage.

Im not sure why, but I prefer all my tanks near my bed so I could watch them as Im falling asleep. I always liked it that way, really relaxing too.

My tank (and only one atm) is in the den, opposite wall from the desk/computer. You can't see it unless you walk into the den and turn around, TO see it. That's fine, though, as our living room is packed as it is, and there really isn't a good spot for a tank except where it currently is.

Yes, we need a bigger house - 1100 sq ft. doesn't allow for too many tanks. ;)

I have my tank setup near my half bath in my den. I'm not sure I would keep mine in a bed room....(Noise and the light in my refugium will keep me up)

Both of mine are in the living room. One (the 30g) is next to the wall unit and the 75 gal has it's own wall. No matter where you sit or stand, you will see both of the tanks. :D

I have one in the dining room, one in the living room ( both are fairly close to the kitchen sink) and one in my bathroom. The only reason the one in the bathroom is where it is, is because there is nook right by the sink that is the perfect size for a 10 gallon tank. How could I not put one there? :D

I have my 58 gal and 28 gal in the livingroom The 58 gal is the first thing people notice when they enter my apartment.

I have a 15 gal in my bedroom across from the foot of the bed - last thing I see at night, and first thing I see in the morning. :mrgreen:

Meredith said:
...and one in my bathroom. D
Yay!!! I'm not alone! My MTS sickness topped off by a 10 gal in the bathroom - no longer any need for...ummm...reading material next to the throne. :drain: :D

I don't have a suitable place for a tank in the kitchen , but there is a very special spot in my kitchen where all four tanks can be seen at once. :king:

All my tanks are easily reached by a 50 foot Python that I keep in the bathroom - I use the bathtub instead of the sink because the water flow is stronger, the drain is faster, and it's much easier to clean up.

living room - 29gallon
bedroom - 29gallon
hallway - 5 and 10 gallons

I can't sleep until my tank lights turn off! seriously, and I can't sleep in past 7:00am when they turn on!

I have one in the living room, one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen, and the big one at work. It's too big to have in my new apt so I set it up at work. Isn't my boss the greatest? I get to spend 9 hours a day with it. :D

My 125 and 29 are in the living room. 5 tanks are in one bedroom, 1 tank in my bedroom. Soon to be 2 in the kitchen, currently one is in the bedroom. All my tanks are easily accessible to the faucets with the python.

i have a 20 a 10 and a 55 gallon in my room. parents wont let me put one anywhere else in the house. i am running all hob filters to so it is a little noisy but i am used to it now. i have the 20 gallon on its own stand to the right of my bed so i see it right when i wake up when i hit my alarm. i have the 10 gal on my dresser so i can watch that one while i am getting dressed. and i have the 55 gallon at the foot of my bed that i cant miss no matter how hard i try lol. different fish in every one so it brings a real variety when lookin around.

We have a dedicated fish room in a room adjacent to the kitchen that normal people might call a dining room. It houses our 75 gal, 29gal, 37gal, 15gal, and 10gal tanks. We are hoping to add two 40gal breeders in the future. After that, the aquariums will have to start flowing out into the rest of the house. . .

46 gallon in the formal living room
30 gallon in the office
10 gallon in dining room
5 gallon in the living room
5 gallon in daughters room
2 gallon in bedroom

husband has threatened lawyers if i bring home another tank LOL

55 gallon is in the "dining area" of the downstairs of the townhouse... basically between the living room and the bar thats between the living room and kitchen. The 10 gallon sits in the middle of the bar becuase i don't have a stand for it or anywhere else really. Both are accessible to the kitchen sink.

I have a 29 gallon to the left of my desk in my bedroom. The 5g is to the right of my desk on a matching little wooden chest as the TV across the room. And I'm planning on getting a 10g salt nano for my desk, unless I can mount my TV somewhere else and take over that chest/floor space.

Back
Top Bottom