Log of My Experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright I ordered! I have a large HOB breeder box coming in Tuesday! Plants are holding up pretty well. Had a few die but overall pretty good. I am working so much I havent done anything.
I think I am going to use the DPS and breeder box as my only filter for now. I am considering loading the tank with neos and some endlers. I figure if everyone breeds and looks healthy we will call that adaquate proof of concept.

On a side note my 25 gallon has been water change free for awhile with no adverse effects. And that tank doesnt have any emmersed plants. I used the dirted tank concept and it has worked well!

If I go with neos and endlers how do I optimize the water for them and the plants? My water sits around 6.5 ph and no calcium lol

So this is how I set it up. Not entirely impressed. The water flow is very little and its pretty loud. I am wondering if its posible to attach a powerhead to it...

Attachments

• 1393379129409.jpg
    1393379129409.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 73
So this is how I set it up. Not entirely impressed. The water flow is very little and its pretty loud. I am wondering if its posible to attach a powerhead to it...
sounds like it's absolutely necessary? The added flow that is..

sounds like it's absolutely necessary? The added flow that is..

I dont know. I dont know how much flow I need. Right now their is a stream about a quarter of an inch wide coming out the outflow. I dont know that that is enough. I will have to have a powerhead to circulate the tank water for sure.

Thinking about buying a cheap rio powerhead fpr more goh and less noise! Maybe 95 gph?

Back
Top Bottom