Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep thinking of ways to run plumbing and drilling more holes in tanks to make an auto water change system, but 1) it’s only two tanks here and 2) they’re in the dining room and I’m sure my wife would have Things to say about running pipes through the kitchen to get there.

I would like a fully/semi automated water of removing and adding water. Or better yet, a continuous drip system. Talk about a stabile environment

This seller says he breeds for healthy shrimp first, so hopefully they can take the transition a little better than the last ones. Or if only four out of this bunch live that’ll still double the population....

This seller says he breeds for healthy shrimp first, so hopefully they can take the transition a little better than the last ones. Or if only four out of this bunch live that’ll still double the population....

Were there any reviews available from the seller? That might be helpful. Just as long as imports are not in the picture. Homebred for several generations is best.
Getting a colony going sometimes takes time and the right conditions. I recently changed the filtration in night shrimp tank (5 months ago) and after a 4 month lull, the shrimp are now producing numerous babies.

Yep, they were pretty much all positive, and had a long history of being so. Home bred, according to the listing. I think what one problem that happened to the last batch was they came in almost all female, so there just wasn’t enough males to keep things going.

In the meantime

b3PPP46.jpg

I made a water change doohickey. Still working out methods and whatnot, but it worked pretty good.

lOFZV2E.jpg

Closeup:
3HPXPAi.jpg

It’s just a diffuser, so there’s not a jet of water blasting things around. The check valve on the pump slows the flow down so much that I’m not sure if it’s worth it. So I’m not sure if the drain from the sump could keep up with a higher flow or not. More experimentation is necessary!

Oh, and gratuitous baby photo, not the shrimp tank but whatever:
OG8ZboN.jpg

Love the last pic! Great interest enhancer - no Goldfish crackers?

I like that you are trying to solve problems and making a DIY solution, even if it needs some further experimentation.

Ha! Good point about the crackers. They might still be a bit beyond him, he’s just starting on Cheerios :)

And the DIY is about my favorite part, you always need a project going!

Here’s hoping! I think 85 is the highest it’s project for, which is on the top end of things, but I’m being optimistic.

Ran the Planaria trap last night and pulled another wad of the disgusting little suckers out. Rebaited it and left it in this morning, so lets see how many I have when I get home from work.

Okay, I will kick it in gear and treat mine. So many reasons just didn't get it done yet.

I have to mail some things this week Friday I will send it to you, PM me the address!
edit: I just saw one in my tank about half hour ago.

Back
Top Bottom