Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp had to go over the mountains to the distribution center in Denver, and are now headed back over the mountains tonight to be here tomorrow. I did another water change, this time with some distilled water, and finally finally got the TDS down to a slightly more reasonable level, just in time. My tap water was coming out at 400 TDS yesterday :mad: which doesn’t help things a lot, no matter how much you change. I think I need to start saving for an RO unit, over probably spent $50 on distilled water in the past year anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
VgHBsqz.jpg

And in the tank. I think there were 12 live shrimp, but there were 5 dead shrimp and then a few grizzly bits. Contacted the seller with a couple photos and got a refund for the dead ones. A bit disappointing but hey, I tripled the population at least. These new guys are teeny tiny, but they’re flying around the tank checking things out!

That is very disappointing. Glad at least a few made it. Hoping that they didn't get damaged in the polluted water, and can grow up nice and healthy.

They say that the little ones do better in new water, so hopefully! I just need one male to make it... Pretty sure that’s what the problem was the past couple rounds.

The Fall Auction for CAS is coming up soon, maybe a good time to visit the metro area??? Always a few nice groups of shrimp available. Just an FYI.

If I could just get them to move it all over here... :) It’s just gonna be hard to make that trip between fall being the normal heavy time for work and the new baby. I’m always jealous of all you people who have a good local club! I keep wondering if we’d be able to do something over here, I mean, we’ve got two local general fish stores, one marine specialty store, and both flavors of big box pet stores. There’s gotta he people with fish, right? But then I realize I already have an aforementioned full time job and infant, and there’s not enough time in the week for another (unpaid) at least half time job to organize it... :/

So I emailed the water company just out of curiosity, to see what the TDS they shoot for is. 450 was the answer. No wonder I have such a hard time keeping it under 400!

So I emailed the water company just out of curiosity, to see what the TDS they shoot for is. 450 was the answer. No wonder I have such a hard time keeping it under 400!

At least you now know something, whether that is comforting I doubt.

Did they send you the composition of the substances that make up the solids?

Yeah, it’s definitely not quite as prolific as the Anubias, out of the three or four types in there this is the only one that’s really growing very much. I think I’ve noticed since I increased the ferts, it’s all been a little happier though.

I... don’t think so? The two biggest ones left from last years batch have very opaque shells, they’re very hard to see through. I don’t think the new ones are old enough/have been in here long enough to breed yet, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong!

Back
Top Bottom