Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might pop in a root tab over there, but it’s also the corner where most of the debris and snail poop accumulate so I think it might be ok. And yeah, I agree. I’m thinking about rigging a light in the sump so I can keep things alive easier.

I find the root tabs good for bit of a boost to get the plant moving along as well. Once going, I do the same and just let it go off detritus and water column dosing (until I see a new must have packet of substrate tabs at LFS).

https://imgur.com/a/BiBVjHg

This is a test. This is only a test.

Added: I don’t know if there’s a way to embed gifs or the like in the forum posts, but at least there’s a link to the imgur post of it. I was messing around with video today, maybe I’ll try to figure out how to make a real YouTube video. Even in my messing around, I was pretty happy with what the video can show that it’s just hard to get across with pictures.

https://youtu.be/xmrDyqXE234

There, a little video with some more macro shots of some shrimp, and just a bit more of the tank. I had a bit of fun messing with my phone and iMovie for the first time, I think it turned out ok. Certainly not the most polished production though :)

My wife was sitting at the aquariums and called me over. A berried shrimp! One of the new batch, even. We’ll see how Ms. Shrimp does with it since it’s her first time, but exciting anyway.

It's great that your wife knows what a berried shrimp looks like (y)

Great news about the berried one. Rooting for you to get a little batch of babies from the new momma.

I’ve trained her well! Actually she’s really kinda gotten into things, what with the baby plecos in the other tank. My goal here is still to get a big enough shrimp population going to be able to get some endlers to have a population of them too.

Since it’s her first time we’ll have to see how many make it to the end but it’s still pretty exciting after all this time!

Since it’s her first time we’ll have to see how many make it to the end but it’s still pretty exciting after all this time!

I’ll check back in about 3 weeks.

Just a test...I wrapped the last gif link in URL tags. Fingers crossed:
https://i.imgur.com/8v4T3HX.mp4
Edit: Did not work as intended
8v4T3HX.mp4

Yeah, I tried a couple different things and couldn’t get it to embed. I guess the forums don’t recognize the fancy new mp4 stuff

ErcOrRy.jpg

That crypt balansae Autumn gave me is happy enough that it’s sent off a baby plant! Everything in this tank is happy... including the green hair algae unfortunately. :/

The other crypts in the corner are expanding their leaves as well. It’s a sunny corner so we’ll see how big or little they go!

There are baby shrimp! We counted at least 6! These are the first babies in the over year that there’s been shrimp in there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom