Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They make a 44 gallon brute, but that’s the biggest. This one is 32 gallons, and I think the dolly is rated for either 250 pounds or 350 (Home Depot’s website said 350 but amazon said 250, I bought it at Home Depot)

Well, no planaria last night after having it out all day, but this morning the trap had a couple in it, so I dosed again. I’m wondering how well the chemicals get down into the substrate, so I put out a bit of an over feed to see if I could entice any more of them out into the open

Well I haven’t seen any more planaria since I re dosed, though I’m thinking I’ll keep trying the trap occasionally just in case. I added the purigen back in. The new shrimp seem to be doing splendidly, I think there’s only been one death since they were added. The Anubias are throwing out new leaves everywhere. I just picked up a clip on macro lens for my phone that I’m looking forward to experimenting with, but the baby is currently going through a nasty GI bug so there’s not much free time to mess around, he’s in pretty much constant need of being carried around. He’s on the up and up, though, so hopefully things can get back to normal around here. I have managed to spend some time in the garage, organizing shelves and throwing out some random unnecessary junk that’s accumulated, hoping to get a good “fish stuff” space for the NECESSARY junk :)

Sometimes throwing a bunch of stuff out is a great stress release!

2h1hVTx.jpg

Macro lens!

So, in addition to the new additions to the 45g tank ( http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367318 ) I used a birthday gift card to the LFS to get a small pump to help prime the sump overflow. It’s really impressively tiny, and I’m left wondering if it will actually move any water at all, but it remains to be seen until I actually get a chance to try a water change. Oh, also it was like 30% off so I also had enough on the gift card to get some Sera fish food. Apparently Sera is finally hitting the mainstream in Western Colorado, curious to see how the fish like it. I still have $1.36 on the gift card too!

2h1hVTx.jpg

Macro lens!

Wow, nice deep color and near purple eyes!

~~~

Glad you were able to put the gift card to good use. I got a couple samples of Sera and it seems to be liked for the most part. Fish ate it like they enjoyed it. Looked at their variety at the lfs recently and didn't end up buying any. As I was intending on using fish food budget for frozen foods.

Although I haven't bought them, I like the idea of the stick on the side of the aquarium glass foods - Sera O-nip. Might get some just to entertain guests with the fish feeding. :brows:

Yeah, that’s a shrimp that’s a little different from the others, hoping some of her genes get passed along. The LFS had o-nip tabs, but I needed regular fish food and already have some dehydrated tubifex that sticks to the glass, so I had to prioritize things :)

PYj4E81.jpg

I replanted some stuff in the other aquarium and had to make room, so I did take a couple of the crypts and threw them into the corner of this tank. So now we get to see how they do!

Are you using any ferts for them? Not especially needed and have grown many without but wondering how much better they might do with a little help.

Recently I got a new Crypt and it is doing well - haven't used any ferts yet in the substrate OR water but intend to get some kind of substrate fert to increase its vigor.

I just love having extra plants to share or use in another tank! Satisfying confirmation that things are working toward the positive. (y)

Back
Top Bottom