Logic and logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, that's a good idea. The foam is the coarsest I could get, and it's not totally submerged so there's some wiggle room for it to slow down some. But yeah, a backup would be good

In the meantime...

GZDep7K.jpg

obV46tq.jpg

07TCcuc.jpg

I'm going to put some more plants from the other tanks in it too, but these ones I got from Han Aquatics Friday and I wanted to get them in the water. I am seriously considering doing a bit of a riparium thing too to have plants growing out the top. A beamswork light is in order as well. They're gonna all be low light plants though so I got a dimmer for it too so I can dial it in.

Update time!

Took a surprising amount of Anubias out of the little edge. This is maybe a third of them.
DFSlBwE.jpg

The light came! I need to try and take a picture of it during the dark now, it's a well lit room :)
sfXMrmV.jpg

And a top down shot. We'll see how much things stay where they are, but that's the nice thing about gluing everything to rocks, they're pretty mobile!
tDVb6e1.jpg

Oh, and I've got a couple clippings of Arrowhead plant and Pothos from the houseplants that I'd like to try growing in a hanging basket on the back.

Which Beamswork model did you end up getting?
How are you liking so far? Pros? Cons?

The name of it on Amazon is, and I quote: "Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Freshwwater Plant Extendable"

It was the 36" model. I also bought the timer and dimmer. It's fine, but seems bluer than the Planted+ I have on the 45 gallon tank. Cheap though, can't argue with that. Hopefully I'll be able to dial it in well enough to keep the algae from completely taking over.

Rp40cXV.jpg

I stole half of the massive clump of what was supposedly Anubias nana wavy (but it's never been that wavy) from the 45 gallon. This is what happened. I'm getting an impressive amount of Anubias from what I had already!

Wow, I missed this at the start. Glad you gave it a promotion to check it out.

That is looking great. Lol, amazing about the amount of Anubias starts you made.

Fun to see the progress.

I love Anubias, so many sizes, leaf shapes and a couple with different colors of stems and leaves!!! The super tiny one is my overall favorite, like coffeefolia, and the variegated leaves are nice. And there is Golden too!! Awesome plants!!!

Yeah, it was really hard to resist getting the "Pinto" variety Hans Aquatics had when I ordered the buce. I did get some of his normal barteri to go with everything else. And there was a tube at petschmo a couple weeks with what think is gracilis, and another congensis.

Went to the fish store, bought a new pump with more oomph. Came home, needed more fittings, so went to the hardware store. Came home, figured out I bought the wrong fittings.

Argh, and etc.

Went to the fish store, bought a new pump with more oomph. Came home, needed more fittings, so went to the hardware store. Came home, figured out I bought the wrong fittings.

Argh, and etc.

Now we're tanking !(y)
When you have Rubbermaid tubs of fitting and can't find the one you need till after you bought it you are really rocking ! :nono:
All the more potential for next build/mod...
I love breeding fish and it is rewarding in many ways ,but the fun of different setups and planning /building them is the bomb..
Building a rack right now for 15 @ 5.5 g....
This will be my fourth rack of three high tanks [3 levels of 5 tanks] and I love building and setting them up as much as using them..:dance:

Back
Top Bottom