Lone apple snail eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None of us are, at least not yet. Who knows, maybe they'll put jelly fish genes in a snail and we'll have glo snails. Not that I'd buy one if they did.. but they seem to be willing to try all sorts of odd things in labs.

None of us are, at least not yet. Who knows, maybe they'll put jelly fish genes in a snail and we'll have glo snails. Not that I'd buy one if they did.. but they seem to be willing to try all sorts of odd things in labs.

Lol that'd be cool or why not firefly genes like they did with a tobacco plant and have glow in the dark snails or fish ha that would be awesome

That would drive the snails life expectancy way down. They did this with a cat and it went insane from sleep deprivation because its eyes nevertheless darkness to sleep it just went insane and died. Same thing I assume.

Tyler D, where did you see that about the cat ?

The current 'glofish', which have a gene inserted to make them glow, are patented, so we aren't supposed to sell any offspring if the fish have any, but so far as I know, the fact they glow does not affect life expectancy.

I would not like to see glowing snails or any other glowing critters that did not come that way to begin with. It worries me that such things are done, even for reasons that seem good at the time.

It's true sleep deprivation is genuine torture. It can kill, taken to extremes. It's logical it would affect animals too. But I'd be interested to learn what was done to that cat.. I'm dead against this kind of 'research' using any animals.

I'm not sure of the exact details. My science teacher told our class theirs story when we were studying gene splicing.

Back
Top Bottom