Look What I Found at a Chinese Restaurant...Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruinsbro1997

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was dining at a local Chinese restaurant for Christmas dinner, guess what I found! Well, it's been there for awhile, just decided to post it now :)

It seems around 4-5 ft long, anywhere from 55-90 gallons approx. I think it is stocked with two damsels, an ocellaris clown, and a tomato clown. They have a trickle filter, and a lot of sump/fuge/overflow work in the bottom cabinet. Also a sea urchin. Enjoy!

Attachments

• image-812903802.jpg
    image-812903802.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 209
  • image-3412013365.jpg
    image-3412013365.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 193
  • image-3769455495.jpg
    image-3769455495.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 167
thats awesome! i saw something like that in a dolphin research facility once! but then my computer crashed and i lost all the pictures i took of the tank :(

Why is it that the chinses food/sushi places usually have the cool tanks? That thing is sweet! The clown in the top right of the 1st pic looks huge, is it really a tomato?

Gboy66 said:
Why is it that the chinses food/sushi places usually have the cool tanks? That thing is sweet! The clown in the top right of the 1st pic looks huge, is it really a tomato?

Fish have been seen as lucky in China since ancient times. Supposed to bring prosperity to businesses. Fishkeeping as we know it began in China!

Alyxx said:
Fish have been seen as lucky in China since ancient times. Supposed to bring prosperity to businesses. Fishkeeping as we know it began in China!

Hey i learned somthing new, thanks!

I really like that aquarium, was it loaded with coral?

Alyxx said:

I heard it began with ponds in Egypy used to harvest fish for crocodile gods and what not and then the wealthy civilians had fish in their houses as a symbol of money.

:eek:

QuietPlotter said:
I heard it began with ponds in Egypy used to harvest fish for crocodile gods and what not and then the wealthy civilians had fish in their houses as a symbol of money.

:eek:

I meant ornamental fishkeeping and the cultivation of new breeds and strains for looks.

Back
Top Bottom