Looking for a "center piece" fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I recently started an Elos system 120 (94 gallon display + about a 30 gallon sump). I have successfully transferred all my fish, corals and live rock. I have close to 45-50 pounds of live rock from my old 40 gallon, plus I added about 75 pounds of dry rock. Tank is fully cycled and good to go. Current livestock:

golden pygmy angel
Male Hawaiian Flame wrasse
Male initial phase eightline flasher wrasse
male juvenile royal flasher wrasse
male naokoa wrasse
male initial phase Paracheilinus Attenuatus (Diamond Tail Flasher wrasse)
pair of bonded gold flake maroon clowns
springeri pseudochromis
gramma linki

I have a few more fish in mind on the smaller side, but I really want that "centerpiece" fish. I'm sure some of you guys get it. Opinions please!

How about a tomini or bristetooth tang? They would be fine in a 94g tank. :) they swim alot and have greaqt personality. :_)

carey said:
How about a tomini or bristetooth tang? They would be fine in a 94g tank. :) they swim alot and have greaqt personality. :_)

+1. A smaller tang would really bring the tank to life

Get a chevron like me! You're used to spending mucho bucks on fish. Or get a fox face. Every tank big enough needs to have one.

Purple tang or powder blue.....not as common and are great showpiece tangs

Jtisle506 said:
Purple tang or powder blue.....not as common and are great showpiece tangs

I wouldnt do these two unless its a 6tt tank. Only reason i say this is because the purple can become notoriously aggressive and the PBT is probe to ich. The options given already are great choices, kole tang, bristletooth, some dwarf angels (i cant recommend flames due to my recent experience with losing 2)

I wouldnt do these two unless its a 6tt tank. Only reason i say this is because the purple can become notoriously aggressive and the PBT is probe to ich. The options given already are great choices, kole tang, bristletooth, some dwarf angels (i cant recommend flames due to my recent experience with losing 2)

+1 stay away from most of the tangs except the ones mentioned like the Kole. There are many spectacular wrasses you could yet add, or how about a engineer goby? Midas blenny?

Dwarf Lionfish for the win! A full grown dwarf is quite a sight and would have lots of room in a 90 gallon.

Gregcoyote said:
Butterfly fish are hard to feed and need room. They are pretty.

+1. Ive always heard they are finnicky and usually even expeienced hobbyists can have a hard time with them

Back
Top Bottom