looking for fish????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gmiked

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’m about half way through my first Fishless cycle and things are going great...
My new little Bio friend’s are making a new home in my canister filter.

Now to the question is that I live in the Twin cities, MN and I am doing the fishless cycle so I can stock my tank with all the fish I want... Tanganyika cichlids let’s say about 20 juveniles.

I have been to just about ever LFS here and can’t really see all that I want.

Have any of you got fish online? Mail-order?

Any good ones out there?

Wish list : transcriptus, leleupi , brichardi, multifasciatus

Help please

maybe check out to see if you have a local fish club. i would also check out aquabid. lots of people order online to get fish they cant find local. some lfs will let you special order too.

I get 90% of my fish by mail. :) The LFS around here have just common fish. The prices per fish and for shipping are usually better with individuals, like from people on aquabid.com. Most people sell groups of juvenile fish, which it sounds like you are looking for. Just look for good feedback and if you are really worried, get them shipped overnight. USPS express can be overnight if you live kinda close to the person shipping....and it runs around $30 which is cheap for overnight. ;)

There is a pretty nice store up in Champlin called Terre Quatics

Terre Quatics

The lady who runs the place is quite savvy. There are a lot of harder to find fish in stock, and if you're looking for something special than she'll probably be able to help you order it in.

The only drawback is its up in Champlin. Just take 169 north, until you're almost up to the river. Then look for an old strip mall, its tucked into the corner there.

Back
Top Bottom