Looking for Lighting Suggestion for 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been seriously thinking about turning my 10 gallon tank into a planted tank. The tank is from Petsmart I believe and had a hood that calls for 2 screw in bulbs. There's a sticky on the reflector that states to prevent fire use lamp related 25 watts or less. I would like to add a couple of screw in compact fluorescent bulbs, preferably 20 - 25 watts at the most, would this work? Would I be able to grow most plants under this lighting? Also, would I be able to purchase these bulbs at Home Depot? Sorry for all the questions.

Seeing that I've invested a lot more than I originally wanted to on my 29 gallon, w/retro fit lighting and pressurized CO2, I want to do this the cheapest way possible.

Ideally, I would like to use a couple of screw in compact flourescents, and Hagen CO2. Any help on the lighting is very much appreciated.

many thanks!
Linda

Walmart has some very nice 6500K screw in compact flourescents for $8.84 a pair. They will really change the look of your tank and provide more than enough lighting for plants.

Back
Top Bottom