Looking for new stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MisFit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just finished setting up my new 70 gallon I'm taking some cichlids back to the lfs because I want to go more communal with a lot of different species. right now I have some snails a small blue lobster a common Pleco and a bala shark I want to get two more balas but I was wondering what would be some good suggestions for tank mates. I was hoping to do some discus but I'm not sure if they are mellow enough. Love to hear ur suggestions here's a pick of my new tank. And yeah I know the sponge bob tiki looks out of place but it keeps my girl happy so whatever

Yeah, I would not add discus to that set-up. I agree with jeta that they should have a community built around them.

Well I have no problem bringing back the bala shark back to the lfs guy for a trade in he is pretty cool about that. But I do like my Pleco would how would they be together

Yeah my bad that wasn't very well written

Yeah my bad that wasn't very well written
No biggeee, I was just making sure. :) Personally, I wouldn't do it. I know this is not super common, but I have heard a couple of stories about plecos sucking the slime coat off of other fish. Chinese algae eaters are notorious for this, but several people have said they have caught their common pleco doing it as well. Personally, I would not risk that with a discus fish which is relatively slow moving, sensitive, and expensive. But maybe somebody with more discus experience than me will have a different opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom