Looking for stocking suggestions for a 9x2x2 ft tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyghtfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys me and a friend are in charge of a new fish section at a lfs in Australia. We have a 9x2x2 planted tank we are building and we are looking for suggestions of the live stock to place in them.
Filtration is a 5x2x2 sump.
Plants are lowlight anubias and java.
Condition is it has to be common fish we sell. (although we are allowed to do upmarket variants)
Oh and no discus sorry. (We don't stock them)

Neosilurus ater :D

I'm so envious, I can't find them anywhere in the US :(

IMO there has to be rainbows.

I agree, you could do a cool rainbow fish tank. Also some yo-yo loaches or similar loach, mine just move around the tank continuously. You could even add some angels. I keep angels, threadfin rainbows, and loaches along with other fish in my 220g.

yeah angelfish are a must, the rainbows is something i wouldn't have thought of hmmm. cheers guys

Alright, so 270 gals approx., not including sump
I'd do-
100 cories- any two species
6 angels
50 cardinal tetras
5 bristlenose pleco
9 guppies 1:2 male to female
50 harlequin rasboras
6 german blue rams
That's all

Yeah I'd love to go the dwarf cichlids but the problem I'm really having with this tank is it sits about 10 feet above the ground. Sorry should have mentioned that before. So I really need to keep it stocked with larger fish.
I can't do anything about how high up the tanks sit.
All 3 of these displays are above the tanks we sell fish out of.
The other two displays are easy. Ones going to be an Oscar tank the other is a peacock cichlid tank.

Back
Top Bottom