Looking to add 1 more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew.hinds

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 long with a 13" clown knife, 4-line pictus, Pleco, and rainbow shark. Can I add any more fish and if I can what kind?

I have a 55 long with a 13" clown knife, 4-line pictus, Pleco, and rainbow shark. Can I add any more fish and if I can what kind?

Well..your clown knife will get huge..I personally wouldn't add anything. How big is your rainbow shark? Suprised a 13" clown knife hasn't made a meal out of him yet.

Well the clown knife isn't growing anymore and the rainbow shark is only about 4" but he always is hiding I'm just thinking like a medium sized non-aggressive fish something to add color to the tank

Well the clown knife isn't growing anymore and the rainbow shark is only about 4" but he always is hiding I'm just thinking like a medium sized non-aggressive fish something to add color to the tank

Well..your clown is still growing, just slowly..and if he hasn't grown at all in awhile then he might be slightly stunted.

I don't think you could add a medium sized fish..unless what are you considering "medium"? Like 6" max?

Well your right he is growing at a very slow rate. I feed him about 30-40 feeders in a week and a half then wait a few days to buy more. (LFS gets shipment every other Tuesday) so I buy like 75 a month on average. Not over feeding but not starving him either.

Well your right he is growing at a very slow rate. I feed him about 30-40 feeders in a week and a half then wait a few days to buy more. (LFS gets shipment every other Tuesday) so I buy like 75 a month on average. Not over feeding but not starving him either.

Dang..that's alot of feeders lol.

It's been surprisingly hard to find gourami's over 4" around here. They are all very small. I do like gourami's if they would work.

It's been surprisingly hard to find gourami's over 4" around here. They are all very small. I do like gourami's if they would work.

Well they would start small..you just wouldn't get a dwarf one. But I would say you're pretty well stocked and maybe slightly over right now..especially with a pleco too. And that clown is going to get too big for that tank also, at the very least a 125 would be needed for em since they get over 2ft long unless you plan on rehoming him or selling him once he is too big..

Ok im actually planning a 500 sectional tank right now. All 1 filter system, all 1 tank just with dividers basically making it 2-150's 1-100 an 2-50's But it's gonna be very expensive

I would also say you are stocked, BUT, if you are doing weekly water changes and testing your water regularly and your water is good....then I would get a red Severum, or altolamprologus compressiceps. Severums are very hardy, and would be able to defend itself, and they have a brilliant red/orange speckle. Alto. Comp. are an African that only grow too bout 6", and they have a unique shape, with long foreheads. They are brown with strips, and each scale has a gray dot on the tip, very cool looking.

Back
Top Bottom