Looking to add another type of fish to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MitcherNeaf

Aquarium Advice Regular
was wondering what would go nicely with bala's, clown loaches, and a pleco. Any help would be great
thanks
Mitch

right now i have a 55 gallon, and all my fish are still relatively small, i know that what i have now is probably already too small, but when i get out of nursing school (this may) i plan on upgrading to something mor elike a 125, by then ill have balas and loaches that will be a decent size to put in there, but for right now ide like just alittle variety so that the tank looks nice, but then in a year i can swap everything over.

What i was thinking is 1 gourami of some sort, 2 silver dollars, and maybe a little school of tiger barbs, or something of the like? sound ok.

I've read that it's better to keep silver dollars in a small school. However, I don't have personal experience with them.

For something that's really kinda cool, how about an African Butterfly Fish? i ahve one and they are really very cool looking! Or since you have a fairly large tank, a small elephant nose?

theres no such thing as a "small elephant nose"

silver dollars do need to be in schools, 3-4 at least, as they are tetras (very large tetras)

my kissing gouramis have just recently become aggressive, "kissing" my moonlight gouramis every chance they get, and not because there is food around, no, but because the kissers want the moons out of their way.
sadly, i think i'll have to sell them soon (the kissers)

kissing gouramis are also not good because they are shoaling fish, and even if you just have 4 of them, they grow 8" plus in aquaria

physics dude, you have a butterfly fish and a BGK in a 29 gal?

Back
Top Bottom