Looking to build a 20 gallon sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a baffles I don't think but you can probably check to see online the strength and stress it can handle..just trying to think of ways for you to use it cause I know how it feels to have stuff left over to build with always looking for a new project lol

Ya I had to learn from first hand experience :p but ill just combat that with an ato (gives me more validation to get one haha)

Lfs store tell me to getting a sump pump for 500 gph cause its really like 300 by the time water get to the top of the tank is that true?

There is loss from the travel yes. For my 55 tank, I built a 20 long sump. It is currently using a mag 5 as the return and a CPR overflow feeding it. It is working out great, I made each of the 3 sections 10 inches long. This can easily be modified by making the return area smaller for more room in the fuge or intake area. Though in my 10 inches of intake, I have my skimmer, a uv sterilizer, and another pump that feeds my dual reactor. Lots of room in there. My fuge has some cheato, a money plant, and 5 mangroves.

Yes any silicone WITHOUT a mold inhibitor should be fine that's what I used

The before posted is correct, one without a mold inhibitor will work. But with how far I have taken the 12 oz tube I have...that is 17 bucks well spent. I'm still using it. BTW, after you use it and are cleaning up I would recommend using Q-tips to clean the nozzle. Just jam the first one in and keep using additional Q-tips to push the last one through. After about 5-6 of them the tube will be clean and you will have no silicon on your hands. That stuff is awful to get off.

It is a bit messy but make sure you use it in a well ventilated area the fumes are very bad

I use it before. I made custom rock cave in my fresh water tank and that's howbi glue it together

It's up to you but this is what I used.. cost like a dollar something and works fine...you can really save money when you get it in the large tubes

All inverts corals and fish still going strong and its been running for months with the new sump/fuge

ok i use it then. I didnt know a pump and a was 80 bucket and then a overflow was 54 and there a container for ur sock holdler thats 40 bucks. any way i can make my own sock holder ?

Back
Top Bottom