looking to find 8 used acrylic aquariums 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattyfishes123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hows it going? im looking for 8 used 30 gallon acrylic aquariums..it can be stratched to **** as long as it holds water and is still strong.i need it for breeding tank so it does not need to be in "display shape" as long as it holds water.. i dont trust glass tanks..if anyone can help that would be great take care

Why no faith in glass? Small acrylic tanks will be difficult to find. Most smaller tanks are glass. If you're lucky, you may be able to find a store display unit. I've seen those on Craigslist around here for a decent price.

Personally I prefer glass, for a number of reasons. Because of the nature of acrylic, the tops need to be braced which makes access more difficult than with glass tanks, and allows more filtration options. Cost is a big factor also.

i just am worried about a blowout..having 8 glass breeders in a room would make me paranoid..thats why im lookn for acrylic

the thought has crossed my mind about making an acrylic tank but to be honest i have no idea how to build a tank..plus it would defeat the purpose of having a acrylic tank cause from what i know acrylic tanks have no seams or just seams in the back and thats what im looking for

Acrylic tanks are either molded as one piece or made from several pieces that are solvent welded together into one piece. Melev's Reef shows how to make an acrylic sump. An acrylic tank would be the same thing without the baffles.

Look at Rubbermaid tubs. It's a potential non-glass cheap option.

If you would have posted this a little earlier I was looking on craigslist and this guy was selling like 5 acrylic 30 gal tanks and they were only $10 for each tank because he had to move soon. I would have gotten them for you and shipped them to you.

Back
Top Bottom