Looking to start up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Been recently looking into starting up an aquarium. Looking to start a tank with one shark for now. Most likely going to be a branded cat shark. I was wondering whats a good size tank to start it out and keep it in a year for. I don't want to go all out and get a 180g tank yet because down the road I might plan to expand the tank and get another shark or two. Also what would be some nice looking fish that would be compatible with the shark? I heard Clownfish as long as they are in the tank a couple weeks before the egg hatches and have a decent enough size advantage. Any other colorful or attractive fish that would not bother the shark as thats my main reason for getting the tank. And whats a good price range on starting this up. Much Thanks.

Not trying to break your heart, but there a few things wrong. A shark is not an animal you want to start with. Also they need swimming room, so I would suggest something more than a 180 gallon.

yeah, sorry to say that while I love your enthusiasm... Shark for a start is bad. For lots of reasons... not the least of which is needing a 180 gallon tank.

I agree, sharks are for experts only and even babies need very large tanks. I would start with a 55 gallon and go with reef safe fish. You will find coral the best part of the hobby after you have had a setup for a while. Starting with reef safe fish allows you to keep expanding your tank without having to get rid of things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom