Looks like an anal prolapse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pardon me for not knowing the difference, but if it is a female, it could be uterine prolapse. For that problem, I am more familiar with Guppies, but they can live with it, if there isn't a place it seems to get infected, like a split or open wound. The water quality is very important for helping to prolong their living with it. I have read that some have put it back, though I wouldn't even think of how one could do that. Never actually heard of someone I know of doing it.

10 years old fish, is a good long time. It is really hard when you have a fish which has been around and or/with you for so long and has a serious medical issue. I am sorry your fish is unwell and hope someone has some better help for you.

Pardon me for not knowing the difference, but if it is a female, it could be uterine prolapse. For that problem, I am more familiar with Guppies, but they can live with it, if there isn't a place it seems to get infected, like a split or open wound. The water quality is very important for helping to prolong their living with it. I have read that some have put it back, though I wouldn't even think of how one could do that. Never actually heard of someone I know of doing it.

10 years old fish, is a good long time. It is really hard when you have a fish which has been around and or/with you for so long and has a serious medical issue. I am sorry your fish is unwell and hope someone has some better help for you.

Thank you so much for your reply it is a female and she seems to be doing ok, only time will tell [emoji120]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom