losing plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USMCfishcrzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 125g tank. Several different live plants. My lighting is 96x4 power compact. Temp is 82. I add the co2 booster everyday. Not to sure wat I'm doing wrong. Need help to save my plants. They turn brown then decay id u need more info let me know

mr.pro1987 said:
I have a 125g tank. Several different live plants. My lighting is 96x4 power compact. Temp is 82. I add the co2 booster everyday. Not to sure wat I'm doing wrong. Need help to save my plants. They turn brown then decay id u need more info let me know

What kinda plants do u have? And I don't think it's necessaries to add co2 booster everyday. That will create problem such as algae bloom.

mr.pro1987 said:

Are you dosing ferts? The higher the light the faster the plants will absorb nutrients. Your plant decaying is may be a sign of nutrient deficiency. With your lighting, I think a CO2 system is necessary. CO2 booster is not enough for a high lighted tank.

Different types of swords crypt parva red arrowhead and lutes and some tall grass. So far algae isn't even growing?

Are you dosing fertilizers? Do you use root tabs? With your lighting you'll need to dose fertilizers or you will see signs of deficiencies on your plants and it might rot and decay.

I have two 10k and two actinic. I haven't used the root tabs cuz I have found anywhere that sells them yet. Could that be on of the reasons

mr.pro1987 said:
I have two 10k and two actinic. I haven't used the root tabs cuz I have found anywhere that sells them yet. Could that be on of the reasons

The 2-10,000Ks are good for plants. Plants doesn't benefit from the actinics. So, I'll say you only have 2-96W on your 125g. Low-low mid light.

mr.pro1987 said:
So with the 10k lights not make the fish stand out as much?

If you want to upgrade your lights, you can replace one actinic with another 10,000K and still have one actinic light for the fish's "color".

Are you dosing fertilizers? Lights is just one of the "ingredients" needed for a healthy plant.

mr.pro1987 said:
I have the liquid fertilizer and co2 booster. And none of mynplants are growing instead they ate decaying

What exactly is the liquid fertilizer that you have? You might need to start dosing N, P, and K.

I dose my tank twice a week it says once but Istarted more since my plants aren't doing well. The fertilizer is called flourish

Do you have a pic of your plants? Flourish should be ok with your plants and lighting. Do you dose iron? Get some root tabs for your swords and crypts as well. They are heavy root feeders. Trim off the dead and decaying leaves for it will not heal itself. It's better for the plants to use energy to make new leaves than provide nourishment to decaying leaves.

My computer is down do I can't upload pics. Best description is they behemoth to brown the end up clear/white and fall off the root.

Back
Top Bottom