lost a fish this morning :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
woke up this morning to find one of my chromis stuck to the side of my koralia powerhead i guess it sucked onto it and coulnt get free first fish loss in this tank i checked everything ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 i guess theres really nothing you can do to prevent this from happening is there? in my last 55G this happened to one of my clownfish he got stuck to the side of the powerhead where it takes water in but i caught it in time and he lived

I'm sorry to hear that. I heard they make covers for them. I assume its like a foam you put over it so they dont get caught in it.

I know some people get black pantyhose and make a cover for them but they need to be cleaned often.

If it got stuck to the side of the Koralia I would bet it was not doing well in the first place. they are designed to not kill fish/snails, unless yours was very dirty and caked with algae so it was sucking water all from one spot.

the powerheads aren't really strong enoug hto hold a fish to them, my guess is it died and just got pulled in to it.

the fish was a baby and always played by that powerhead and showed no sign of sickness and always ate like the rest so i dunno

Back
Top Bottom