lost a whole tank today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok this is super weird all parameters showed every thing was ok but lost every fish 4 neon tetras 6 rosy barbs and 3 haliquin tetras only things alive still are one bristle nose and one neon tetra im still lost on what killed them all.

Il keep doing water changes every 6 hours and hope the last 2 survive

I am so sorry to hear of you loss. I can only imagine. The only thing I can think of is...did any soap, or other chemical get in there. Maybe clean the outside of the tank with something other than water? What did you use to find your parameters and what were they. If I can't answer you ?? this info will help someone that can.

I always use clean vials with a clean medical suring (sorry for bad spelling) and I have a bucket for my salt water and a bucket for my freshwater I think it might of been salt contamination as theirs a new nano marine that was set up next to it 2 days ago and I mean right next to it and one rigjt above it 2

Attachments

• image-2494567205.jpg
    image-2494567205.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 89
From what I know salt helps fish heal so I doubt that unless it was a HUGE dose that got in there. Sorry! I lost all 23 of my fish during 3 days of no power last week. It's so depressing!

Have you added literally anything to the tank at all? I know someone who recently lost all the fish from their 500 litre tank overnight because they added wood and the PH dropped suddenly from 8.2 to 4. Obviously they added a lot of wood but anything like that? What signs were the fish showing before dying? Had you just done a water change? Forgotten to use dechlorinator? Sorry about your fish :(

nope water changed 25% and tht was it same bucket as usual and same declorinated it as usual too :( its a random death only thing I can think of is an over night heat rise as were in the middle of summer here in australia

Well, since your other tanks are unaffected, I have to assume that there is no likely common denominator. In other words, it's specific to your tank.

Maybe a stray electrical shock?

David

dunno iys good tho my bn can grow bigger now tank seems very merky tho like a creamy colour? not to fussed if the tank goes belly up as im a bit over freshwater not enought preditors

Back
Top Bottom